Supply Chain Manager - Baraga
Apply online here or on their website - APPLY HERE
Key Performance Areas
Drives Business Results
- Manage the daily operational activities of purchasing, planning, the strategic sourcing initiatives to optimize product availability for manufacturing and distribution.
- Improve capacity readiness, reducing costs and improving inventory efficiencies while maintaining high levels of customer service.
- Use analytical and quantitative methods to understand, predict, and enhance supply chain processes.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to identify solutions that support operational requirements while reducing the Total Cost of Ownership.
- Identify, report and deliver cost savings and have accountability of procurement performance metrics.
- Support senior leadership in defining and executing the company’s operational strategies.
- Develop a strong, responsive, proactive supply chain through partnership and effective communication.
- Develop and implement procurement strategy plan; identify potential cost savings and oversee budget, while ensuring compliance with government laws and regulations (domestic/international).
- Develop, implement and report on inventory reduction strategies.
- Lead the Supplier risk management assessment process and actions to mitigate risks.
- Develop, implement and maintain functional metrics to drive continuous improvement.
- Reduce overall supply risk though contingency planning and understanding of supplier capabilities, disaster preparedness, and financial health.
- Monitor supplier performance to assess ability to meet quality and delivery requirements and improve overall supplier and supply base capabilities.
- Conduct on-site visits and measurements.
- Identify needs and potential suppliers, solicit bids and review bids then selects suppliers
- Interact closely with S&OP, customers, plant and functional leaders to ensure customer requirements are being met.
- Coordinate all internal flows’ improvement actions (lead time reduction).
- Identify Compliance risks and develop gap closure plans to address risks while implementing a systematic approach to maintaining compliance.
- Resolve customer complaints/issues (internal and external); using them as an opportunity to understand the true root cause and develop a plan to resolve the root cause.
- Establish and execute department budget.
- Become the resident expert on the purchasing and material handling elements of the Company’s ERP system.
- Develop and implement department objectives aligned with overall company strategic goals. Ensure employees connect with how they drive value for the company.
- Identify talent gaps that are obstacles to superior results, mentor, coach and manage employees.
- Develop a proficient team with sufficient cross-training and staffing to support the growth of the business.
- Foster strong teamwork orientation and be a resource for valuing and promoting diversity.
- Resolve conflict in an appropriate way.
Experience and Education:
- Experience: 5+ years of experience managing a supply chain function.
- Four-year degree in Supply Chain discipline or related field.
- Strong broad-based understanding of supply chain business practices with experience in supplier management, contract negotiation, logistics and lean supply chain practices.
- Experience in import/export compliance
- Demonstrated manufacturing operations knowledge
- High degree of creativity, flexibility and resourcefulness
- Communication: Strong communication skills, both written and verbal communication.
- Technology: Demonstrated proficiency using MS Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook) and ERP software – MS Dynamics 365 preferred.
Supervisory Responsibility - This position manages all employees of the department and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within the department. Position consults with Engineering, Operations, Finance, Customer Service and Sales.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work - This is a full-time position. Typical work hours are Monday thru Friday, 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM. Occasional overtime may be required as job duties demand.
Travel Requirements – A moderate amount of travel is required for this position, approximately 25-50% (domestic and international)
Work Environment - The position operates in a professional office environment using standard office equipment such as computers, iPads, phones, copiers and filing cabinets. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and moving mechanical parts.
Physical Requirements - The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the Supply Chain Manager position to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms, lift and/or carry up to 25 pounds, balance, bend, stoop or kneel, climb, push/pull and squat, or crouch.