Centered in America’s Hiawatha National Forest, on the beautiful southern shore of Lake Superior in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, Hiawatha Log Homes has been designing and building custom log home dreams all across America since 1983. Hiawatha Log Homes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Competitive wages based on skill level. Part time, Full Time, and flexible hours available.
Notcher Operator Job duties are, but are not limited to:
• Main Manufacturing job position is the Notcher Operator. Complete daily reports, accurately check, label and notch completed logs, accurately grade logs before they are sent to be packed. Operate other equipment as assigned and needed.
• Maintain the equipment in the highest manner possible to ensure proper operation, low maintenance costs and long equipment life. Consult to the daily Notcher Operator Procedures for additional details. •
Promote the Company Vision to be Best in the World and follow Company Policy at all times
• Read specifications, such as blueprints, to determine construction requirements or to plan procedures
• Inspect work progress & equipment to verify safety or to ensure that specifications are met
• Locate, measure, and mark site locations or placement of structures or equipment, using measuring and marking equipment
• Maintain supplies, request supplies as needed, estimate material or worker requirements to complete jobs
• Responsible for quality control. Analyze materials regularly, help identify worker or production problems and recommend solutions, such as improving production methods
• Help train workers in operation of equipment, safety procedures, or company policies
• Record information such as personnel, production, or operational data on specified forms or reports
• Repair or arrange for repairs of equipment or machinery as directed
• Assist the loading and/or unloading of packages and materials
• Ensure inside and outside materials and inventory is properly covered and protected from the elements
• Cooperate and Work in partnership with the Mill and Yard staff, Office Staff other employees, customers, and vendors
• Accurately receive, sort and scale log deliveries as requested and assigned
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor
At Hiawatha Log Homes our VISION is to be defined by our customers as the best designer and producer of log structures, and the best company to work for by our employees, our MISSION is to Make Life Better for all our Stakeholders by selling, designing, manufacturing and delivering the best log structures and customer service possible to our customers, and our STRATEGY is to Win and Keep Employees, Partners and Customers in an Environment where we can all Thrive. We never stop embracing constant change and innovation!
E10003 M28 East
Wetmore MI, 49895
Apply via email at: email@example.com or in person or via postal mail at the address listed above
Or fill out the online application on this website. Thank you.