Centered in America’s Hiawatha National Forest, on the beautiful southern shore of Lake Superior in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, Hiawatha Log Homes has been designing and building custom log home dreams all across America since 1983. Hiawatha Log Homes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Competitive wages based on skill level. Part time, Full Time, and flexible hours available.
Cut-Off Saw Operator Job duties are, but are not limited to:
• Promote the Company Vision to be Best in the World.
• Reports to the Mill Foreman (Position Supervisor). Communicate daily with supervisor to ensure efficient and smooth operations. Advise supervisor of any known or foreseen problems. Communicate with the Mill Foreman and/or Yard Supervisor or Company CEO when needed or if Supervisor not available.
• Main Manufacturing job position is the Cut-Off Saw Operator. Complete daily reports, accurately check, cut and label completed logs. Accurately grade logs for quality before they are sent down the line. Operate other equipment as assigned and needed. Maintain the equipment in the highest manner possible to ensure proper operation, low maintenance costs and long equipment life. Perform additional duties and procedures of the Cut-Off Saw Operator.
• Build Trusses in a quality manner as Needed. Read specifications, such as blueprints, to determine construction requirements or to plan procedures
• Inspect work progress, equipment, or construction sites to verify safety or to ensure that specifications and quality are met
• Locate, measure, and mark site locations or placement of structures or equipment, using measuring and marking equipment
• Maintain supplies, order supplies as needed, Estimate material or worker requirements to complete jobs
• Be at your workstation on time for production
• Responsible for quality control. Analyze materials regularly, identify worker or production problems and recommend solutions, such as improving production methods
• Train workers in procedures and the operation of equipment, safety procedures, or company policies
• Record information such as personnel, production, quality or operational data on specified forms or reports
• Repair equipment and/or arrange for repairs of equipment or machinery
• Assist in the loading and unloading of packages and materials
• Ensure inside and outside materials and inventory is properly covered and protected from the elements
• Cooperate and Work in partnership with the Mill employees, Yard employees, Office Staff other employees, customers and vendors
• Accurately receive, sort and scale log deliveries as needed or requested
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor
At Hiawatha Log Homes our VISION is to be defined by our customers as the best designer and producer of log structures, and the best company to work for by our employees, our MISSION is to Make Life Better for all our Stakeholders by selling, designing, manufacturing and delivering the best log structures and customer service possible to our customers, and our STRATEGY is to Win and Keep Employees, Partners and Customers in an Environment where we can all Thrive. We never stop embracing constant change and innovation!
E10003 M28 East
Wetmore MI, 49895
Apply via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org or in person or via postal mail at the address listed above
Or fill out the online application on this website. Thank you.